Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hi...I'm writing again. Basically I've had a long, arduous day so I’ll keep this post short and sweet for the sake of my sanity.

The first period of the day was PE. The first 10 people were called up to do the high jump. The rest of us played floorball and hockey while waiting. I played floorball and at first, my team fared well as we beat two other teams, but, from that point, everything went downhill. Our performance became worse and we were comprehensively defeated (a nicer way of saying we got owned) time and time again. But I don’t think it was my fault. I nearly scored a magnificent goal but the ball got deflected. What a pity. Anyway towards the end of the period we were called up for the high jump. By then I felt like vomiting, but I had no choice but to grit my teeth and attempt to jump. The passing mark was 1 metre. Each of us had three tries. I nearly passed on my first try, but my hand knocked down the pole. My second try was no better. This time my leg hit the blasted pole. I was feeling pretty frustrated and down. I felt somewhat resigned to the fact that I could not and would not pass, but I decided to give it my best shot. On my last try, I sprinted towards the pole and jumped as high as I could. Somehow, I managed to clear the mark! I was ecstatic and overjoyed. I grinned from ear to ear, pleased by what I had achieved. However, my joy was short-lived. Next up was the second test, in which I failed miserably. However, some of my classmates fared worse than I did-some crashed into the poles or fell onto the poles. One even head-butted the pole!

We had Chinese class after PE (nothing interesting, but we got a lot of homework) Mr. Chia, the discipline master, loitered outside our class % minutes before recess. I felt a bit unsettled. Upon greeting our teacher at the end of the class, Mr. Chia poked his head into the classroom and hollered

“Eh boys! Everyone out in 10 seconds! Hurry up!” There was a flurry of frantic activity as we rushed out of the classroom. He chased us down (not literally) and when we started talking, he yelled at us to stop talking. Some of us felt that this was a bit too much and started grumbling. I felt that while Mr. Chia was just doing his job, he could have been less harsh and brusque with us.

Well That’s all. Thank you and Nil Sine Labore

Yours truly,
Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment