Saturday, January 16, 2010

First Post

Hello and welcome to my blog.



This is my first time creating a blog, so any suggestions for improvements(via e-mail, at least until I set up a chat box) would be most welcome.



Firstly, I would like to tell you why I chose this name for my blog(this may be a bit boring). 'NoirAube' is french for 'black dawn'(my grammar may be wrong as I used google translator.)

I thought it sounded good, and there was a contrast between 'black' and 'dawn'



Also, this blog is not only for me to record the events that happened, what i did, feelings thoughts, etc. It is actually a platform for me to discuss interesting topics and bring up subjects such as incidents in society and global events. I want to be able to share my view with others and share other people's view and perspective on things.



I really should talk about my day now. Yesterday was a normal Saturday, so I do not have many things to talk about. However, I attended two classes(one math tuition and one chinese tuition) and was quite tired after both lessons. However, it occurred to me that my daily schedule is not that tight, compared to the schedules of some people I know. Do you happen to know of people whose schedules are so jam-packed with tuitions, classes, and CCAs (Co-curricular activities) that they can hardly take a breather? Are you one of those people?



I happen to know of a primary 1 boy named Peter(not his real name. I have no intention to mention people's names without prior consent) His schedule is jam-packed with tuitions for different subjects, piano classes, swimming classes and other random classes. I do not know how he copes. Maybe he takes it in his stride, or maybe he is slowly being crushed under the pressure of a really tight schedule. His parents, like every typical 'kiasu'(which means afraid to lose out) Singaporean parents, subject(for want of a better term to describe it ) him to these classes, in the hopes of seeing their son grow up to become a prominent member of society. Now, I have no issues with their ambitions. It is only natural that parents want their children to succeed in life, but I am slightly uncomfortable with their extravagant methods. they sign their children up for courses, workshops, and the works. This subjects the child to extra pressure and takes up a lot of time. Also, there are some other negative side effects such as discontent, which may foster rebellious behaviour.



In my opinion, some parents push their children too much. Children should be given the freedom and time to do their own things and enjoy their childhood. What do you think?



Well I think I've said enough. I've GTG(got to go) now. Hopefully there will be more things for me to talk about when i go back to school.

As always,
Joel
Date: 17 January 2010(Sunday)

No comments:

Post a Comment